This is the very first day of the year 2013…but before I can fully embrace the new year I decided to make a quick reflection on what I did in the year 2012 within 30 minutes of doodling in my journal. Well, I’m also quite glad that the world didn’t end in 2012. *sigh of relief* 😀
2012 has been my year of new beginnings, the year when I dared to do the things that are so easy to give up on or too easy to put aside when there’s “enough time for it.” I thought that if I always look for a better time for trying great new things, I’ll never get it done. You might be curious if what are those things that I tried and learned this 2012, but that won’t be a surprise because it is obvious in my doodle. lol. But here it is.
1. I started this 30 minute art Wordpress blog out of the hope that I can revive the artist that is sleeping deep inside me that has been dormant because I’m working in a different field. At first I didn’t expect any followers. 1 like on my work made me feel like I’m flying. Hahaha. At first few days, I only receive one or two likes at most, but I am happy because somebody took the time to read my blog.
2. I learned how to ride a bike. After so many years of wishing that I can ride one (envying the small kids who can ride it perfectly), I finally found the courage to learn it by myself even though I gained a lot of bruises in the process. But woot! I did it! 😀
3. I joined a Mixed Martial Arts class. I’m not sporty. My Physical Education teacher way back in High School was practically laughing at me whenever I hit a volleyball which barely bounced on my wrist falling directly on the ground…lol. FAIL. But I always admired the ladies on the movies that can actually defend themselves. So yeah, I started a free MMA class sponsored by my brother. I’m still a white belter, but who cares!
4. I learned how to play a ukulele. I received a ukulele as a gift from my brother. It’s so cute, easy to bring anywhere and the frets are smaller compared to the guitar, my hands can easily do the chords. I dared myself to play it on stage on our school’s Christmas Party, can’t sing much while playing, so I asked my co-teachers to sing.
5. I proved I can beat guys and lead on an online game. I always had thought that online games are for the guys. I initially started it with my two brothers but they eventually left the game until I became an alliance leader (along with other leaders) leading an entire alliance with 100 members from all over the world. It’s been fun forming strategy with all the other players. I virtually met new gamer friends. We eventually won the crown before the year ends. I had to end it there and then and left the game all because it’s too time consuming. Especially when I started new hobbies like crazy!
This 2013, what I want to do is FOCUS ON THE ESSENTIAL. I’ve been all over the place with no definite goals. It created a big confusion on what I wanted to do with my life. I should let go of the things that will be bad for me so that I’d be available when the good opportunities arrive. Prioritize. Keep it simple. Try to be on time. *ugh* I am well known for being late. That’s something I should really work on. lol.
But anyway, it’s been a very long post…thanks for reading up to this point. Just wanna let you know that you are also my inspiration in posting on this blog. Thanks so much. HAPPY NEW YEAR!
With lots of love,